Trusted & Validity:All our courses are developed by a team of authorized U.S. board certified and licensed medical doctors.
Our nationally recognized certificates are signed by authorized board certified U.S. medical doctors.
- Check for response
- If no response i.e. unresponsive and lack of normal breathing i.e. no breathing or only gasping, then
- Activate EMS (Emergency Medical Services or Emergency Response Team) and get or call for an AED (automated external defibrillator)
- Check for the carotid pulse (continue to check pulse every two minutes). Check the pulse for MAXIMUM of 10 seconds.
- If there is a pulse, then start rescue breathing
- Open the airway head tilt-chin lift (push the forehead back with one hand and lift the chin to move the jaw forward with the other hand) or do a jaw thrust if cervical spinal injury is suspected.
- Using mouth to mouth technique or bag-mask for ventilation
- Give 2 breaths, each for a 1-second duration, and look for chest rise. If the first breath doesn't make the chest rise and fall, then reposition the head i.e. head tilt-chin lift, and re administer the breaths.
- Continue rescue breathing every 5-6 seconds (10-12 breaths per minute), each breath over 1 second.
- Check the carotid pulse every 2 minutes
|Course Progression Bar|